ASG

Full Version: Suggestions on the new Modded server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
     Ok, i played and tested this server for like 3 hours straight and I encountered few things if altered will help a lot in growing this server. I broke the suggestions in points kindly do think over it.

1. Quick Smelt and Insta craft should be removed.
2. Clan size should be reduced to 5~6 instead of 8 (if found more players in a clan will be given warning).
3. Vote day should be removed as in the description it clearly says its near vanilla.
4. Set home should be removed as people can easily tp back and forth.
5. [Bonus] the one things i saw grab the more attraction of players is the sign boards you should add the plugin where players can add imaged to their signs(if any inappropriate artwork found that will be removed).
6. Stack size of the resource is 4k atm it will be a lot better with 5k to even things up.
7. Death notification should be removed as people will know what other players are doing, it takes away the surprise.( this is optional most people love it).

The point of Fact - Not posting here to offend ur work, Need to add thing which makes this server unique from another server, not the same thing what other servers offer.

Once again I don't want you to completely agree with me it's my thought.

Kind Regards.
1- I think smelt is fine as it is, and the crafting isn't insta either I think it's okay as it is right now
2- I don't really have much of an opinion here, but from previous experience of being in like 15 man modded clans, big clans WILL break the server. (At least until you have like 100+ pop)
3- Completely agree here. At the very least make it a whole lot later (like 11) as right now going to morning literally makes it darker.
4- Erm kinda agree, but the cooldowns are good and the limit to two makes it surprisingly balanced and just helps take away walk times which are boring. Does make it a lot easier to stop raids though.
5- PLEASE PUT THIS PLUGIN IN IT'S THE BEST ONE
6- Doesn't really change much but I mean it would make quick glances more informative as 5 is rounder
7- Yeah, tbh this plugin is nice but doesn't do much other than clog up chat and tell people things like: What weapons I have, what I'm doing and how good a shot I can be. It alerts people to raids and can result in lots of random people running over and spoiling a well planned raid that should have been stealthy and unnoticed for at least a while

Just like MasterFang, not doing this as criticism etc. but having played a large variety of servers and with like 350+ hours (Not loads but experienced) and with playing for over a year, I agree some of these changes could help the server become more fun and therefore grow a lot larger.

Yup.
Bai Bai.
(24-09-2016, 08:52 AM)BobMarleyDaGhod Wrote: [ -> ]1- I think smelt is fine as it is, and the crafting isn't insta either I think it's okay as it is right now
2- I don't really have much of an opinion here, but from previous experience of being in like 15 man modded clans, big clans WILL break the server. (At least until you have like 100+ pop)
3- Completely agree here. At the very least make it a whole lot later (like 11) as right now going to morning literally makes it darker.
4- Erm kinda agree, but the cooldowns are good and the limit to two makes it surprisingly balanced and just helps take away walk times which are boring. Does make it a lot easier to stop raids though.
5- PLEASE PUT THIS PLUGIN IN IT'S THE BEST ONE
6- Doesn't really change much but I mean it would make quick glances more informative as 5 is rounder

Just like MasterFang, not doing this as criticism etc. but having played a large variety of servers and with like 350+ hours (Not loads but experienced) and with playing for over a year, I agree some of these changes could help the server become more fun and therefore grow a lot larger.

Yup.
Bai Bai.

My thanks to you as you added good info as well.
Hey Guys these are really great suggestions but i need to clear a few bits up Biggrin

so here we go:

1. Bob cleared this one up its 4x we have tried to go with a 4x aproach, in most thing that get sped up its always usually done in even numbers e.g 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc etc
2. I understand the effect that clan size of 8 can have on a server, right now i dont think this is an issue, if we hit 250 players 8 clan base is reasonable, i dont want to restrict too much on the server just yet as we have such a low population, we need to be open for alot until a time comes when we can afford to make changes without losing our whole player base.
3. sorry i havent updated the description yet, this is a fully modded server and the vote only works if almost all the players vote to skip it so when there is 200 players on i doubt this would happen Biggrin
4. We can set limits on set home and there is actually a cool down on it Smile what kind of limit should we put? to be honest we NEED home as its almost a must for modded servers.
5. I'm gonna have to shoot you down on this one, this is a community server and we as admins try to commit some time to the servers, but its not a job and pulling down endless amounts of images (which would happen for sure!) would be a long and timely process for our admins
6. We went with 4x stack size because we're at 4x resource gather Biggrin we could change it if needed.
7. So this has been a controversial thing in rust since forever! Biggrin we found on rust rangers that it kept the server a bit more lively to know people are around and playing, we took it off and people did actually lose interest i think its good to have a bit of interaction going on to keep players intrigued Biggrin

So I think maybe we should vote some of these options and some I will just have to be stubborn as a moose Biggrin

Thanks for these amazing suggestions man Biggrin
(24-09-2016, 06:17 PM)mooseh Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Guys these are really great suggestions but i need to clear a few bits up Biggrin

so here we go:

1. Bob cleared this one up its 4x we have tried to go with a 4x aproach, in most thing that get sped up its always usually done in even numbers e.g 1,2,4,8,16,32 etc etc
2. I understand the effect that clan size of 8 can have on a server, right now i dont think this is an issue, if we hit 250 players 8 clan base is reasonable, i dont want to restrict too much on the server just yet as we have such a low population, we need to be open for alot until a time comes when we can afford to make changes without losing our whole player base.
3. sorry i havent updated the description yet, this is a fully modded server and the vote only works if almost all the players vote to skip it so when there is 200 players on i doubt this would happen Biggrin
4. We can set limits on set home and there is actually a cool down on it Smile what kind of limit should we put? to be honest we NEED home as its almost a must for modded servers.
5. I'm gonna have to shoot you down on this one, this is a community server and we as admins try to commit some time to the servers, but its not a job and pulling down endless amounts of images (which would happen for sure!) would be a long and timely process for our admins
6. We went with 4x stack size because we're at 4x resource gather Biggrin we could change it if needed.
7. So this has been a controversial thing in rust since forever! Biggrin we found on rust rangers that it kept the server a bit more lively to know people are around and playing,  we took it off and people did actually lose interest i think its good to have a bit of interaction going on to keep players intrigued Biggrin

So I think maybe we should vote some of these options  and some I will just have to be stubborn as a moose Biggrin

Thanks for these amazing suggestions man Biggrin

Moose can you add some polls on these suggestions.